//top-header

EXCLUSIVE: Troy Ave’s Lawyers Seek Public’s Help In Shooting, Thanks To Lack of Cooperation From Witnesses

by

(AllHipHop News) Lawyers for rapper Troy Ave are urging members of the public to come forward with information regarding a violent shooting last week in New York, that left one man dead and three others wounded.

According to Troy Ave’s lawyer, many of the eyewitnesses are refusing to assist the NYPD with the investigation.

“We understand that some people have a complete lack of trust for law enforcement (especially NYPD) and the investigations that they conduct,” Scott Leemon told AllHipHop.com. “Based upon that belief, many refuse to cooperate.”

Video from the disturbance clearly shows dozens of people assembled backstage at Irving Plaza in Manhattan, just seconds before four people, including Troy Ave, were wounded after a fist fight in a green room turned into a shootout backstage on May 25, before a concert featuring T.I.

Troy Ave’s lawyers Scott Leemon and John Stella declared that Troy did not shoot himself, nor did he kill his longtime friend, Ronald “Banga” McPhatter, who died after being struck in the stomach by a bullet.

Police have charged Troy Ave, born Roland Collins, with attempted murder. He is being held without bail.

But a lack of assistance from the many bystanders is not only hampering the police’s investigation, it is harming the rapper’s defense.

“Our problem is that this information might be helpful for us to show that the real victims here are “Banga” McPhatter, who died a hero, trying to protect his life-long friend, Troy Ave and Troy, himself, who was shot in the leg,” Scott Leemon told AllHipHop.com

Troy Ave has pleaded not guilty, and his lawyers maintain his innocence, as prosecutors look for clues and attempt to determine if there was a second shooter.

But Troy’s attorneys also need information to mount the rapper’s defense, which could land him in prison for 10 years to life.

“If anyone was present or knows someone who was present in the VIP area that night, please send us your or their contact information and we will have a defense investigator follow up,” Scott Leemon explained to AlHipHop.com.

Troy’s lawyers also think there could be more video and pictures of the conflict floating around that could help vindicate their client.

“If anyone has any video, pictures and/or other information shot that night, please forward it to us with your contact information,” Scott Leemon said.

All information can be privately submitted to TROYAVEINFO@LEEMONLAW.COM.

Meek Mill House Arrest Extended

(AllHipHop News) Rapper Meek Mill reportedly has to serve eight more days under house arrest for failing to complete his community service requirements.

The “Ima Boss” star, real name Robert Rihmeek Williams, was sentenced to 90 days under house arrest, which began in March (16), after he was found guilty of violating the terms of his probation in December, 2015.

Nicki Minaj’s boyfriend was banned from working during the three month period and was only allowed to leave the house for community service and charity work, and was due to be released on Wednesday (June 1).

However, he has been ordered to serve eight more days because he failed to complete his community service hours with the correct charities, according to TMZ.com.

Documents reportedly show that a judge told Meek to put in 90 days of work, the same amount of time as his arrest, but he didn’t do community service every day. The judge also specified he work with the homeless, senior citizens, or Habitat for Humanity, but the rapper has been volunteering at other places, such as schools.

An official at the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office says the case will be reassessed once his service hours have been completed.

The 29-year-old was on probation relating to drug and gun charges from 2008. He violated his probation terms by repeatedly changing his court-approved travel schedule without consulting his probation officer.

He was given six more years on probation in addition to the house arrest.meek

Maino Officially Cleared By NYPD In Concert Shooting Investigation

by Victoria Hernandez

NEW YORK, NY – Although Maino had already took to social media to say that he was not involved in a concert shooting with Troy Ave, the NYPD officially cleared him from their investigation today (June 2).

According to the New York Daily News, NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce gave the official statement.

“We do not believe that he was involved in the dispute,” NYPD Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said in a statement.

Maino took to Instagram to repost the news story.

“Now let’s get back to the music… HeardU,” he captioned in a screenshot of the article.

Troy Ave was arrested last week and charged with attempted murder after a surveillance video was released that shows the BSB rapper firing a gun in a green room area at Irving Plaza during a T.I. concert. Three people were injured, including Ave who reportedly shot himself in the leg. The rapper’s bodyguard, Ronald “Banga” McPhatter was killed after being shot in the chest.

Ave pled not guilty to the charges. His lawyers are saying that their client acted in self defense and did not shoot himself or his friend. They say that the surveillance video does not tell the whole story.

Earlier this week, law enforcement identified a gun found in the van that took Troy Ave to the hospital as the murder weapon. The New York Daily News report says that police have possession of three guns in total and that they have not ruled out the possibility of more than one shooter.

Maino was performing with Uncle Murda as the opening act for T.I. at the time of the shooting. Maino’s girlfriend, model Maggie Carrie Heckstall, was hit and is reportedly planning to sue various parties involved including Live Nation who owns Irving Plaza.

After the shooting, Maino denounced rumors that said a confrontation between him and Troy Ave caused the shooting.

“Won’t let them undo what we’re building!” he said. “No ‘ongoing beefs’ or ‘entourage issues.’ It always has been and always will be good relations between myself AND MY TEAM and @TroyAve @Hovain@YoungLitoBsB and the BSB crew.”

Troy Ave’s manager, Hovain, also denied Maino’s involvement.

“And stop letting the media tell y’all a story of fantasy we never had no problems with @mainohustlehard,” he says on Instagram, “stop making shit up and people stop being so quicc to believe anything. We been threw a lot since we came threw and got threw it and that’s what we gone do to this. Thank you for all the calls texts and prayers and if you counting us out fuck you succ my dicc. #ripbanger #riptroyave

160602-Maino-827x620